A Global Day of Giving
Get On Board Now for #GivingTuesday 2023
Giving Tuesday 2023 (#GivingTuesday) is on November 28, 2023. And now is the time to really give it thought… you know, before crunch time.
If your organization has participated in Giving Tuesday in the past, then you may not be overwhelmed if you don’t get going just right now. But, if you haven’t participated in the past, today may be the time to chart your path and get a jump on the competition–before you get caught up in other important activities!
First Step: Join
The good people at Giving Tuesday have made it easy for organizations to get registered and started. Simply go to https://www.givingtuesday.org/join and sign-up via their online form. (Note: you must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization to qualify for the Giving Tuesday program.)
Second Step: Set Goals and Timeline
- How much do you hope to raise?
- How will those funds be used?
- What might be the giver experience? (E.g.: “You’ll feel proud to have helped dozens of hungry people have groceries in winter.”)
- The Giving Tuesday Tool Kit provides a handy timeline for you to adapt for your needs.
Third Step: Begin your Outreach
Just download GivingTuesday’s Tool Kit for ideas, messaging, and media tips. Suggestions include:
- Setting creative call-to-actions for your supporters and community.
- That you promote early so that everyone who wishes to participate has adequate time to do so: on your website, your social network channels, your place of worship, and even flyers for local businesses to pin-up.
- Collaborate/network with other groups in your community.
- Send out press releases (a sample is provided).
- An email blast to your supporters (a sample email is provided).
- Request a “Mayoral Proclamation” for GT.
Giving Tuesday 2023 also offers the following resources:
- Social Media Kit
- Planned Giving Toolkit
- Press Release Kit
- Mayoral Proclamation Toolkit
About Giving Tuesday
Giving Tuesday is celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving Day (which is a U.S. holiday) as a sort of balance (or, perhaps, balm) to the manic (if not materialistic) “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday” which precedes Giving Tuesday.
Right after Thanksgiving, and well before Christmas, is considered the best time of year for fundraising. It’s a small window actually, but with the power of Giving Tuesday, your donation opportunity will certainly rise. It’s just a great way of celebrating the true spirit of the Holidays: philanthropy through the community.
In 2022, GivingTuesday raised more than $3.1 billion in the U.S. alone.
Want more information about Giving Tuesday?
Is your website mobile-device friendly? Is the UX where you want it to be?