Web Resources & Applications
Giving & Event Ticketing Services
- Network for Good is an excellent resource both for the nonprofit web professional–from content development to marketing strategies–to concerned individuals who which to learn more about a particular nonprofit/charity organization.
- GuideStar.org provides specialty services to fundraisers, grant-makers and nonprofit administrators.
- Qgiv.com offers on-line giving collection services to the nonprofit sector.
- AffiniPay is a more affordable of the online giving options. But, fewer services.
- PayPal is an easy to access credit card acceptance service. They make it easy for your organization to accept donations online.
- BrownPaperTickets calls themselves a “fair-trade ticketing company.” They are a full-service company, offering both online and telephone sales, plus paper tickets mailed to the buyer at no additional costs. Their pricing is affordable, with no monthly charge or set-up costs. And, they have 24/7 (real person) support.
Networking and Information
- Idealist.org is another excellent resource with news and services for the nonprofit sector.
- About’s Nonprofit Page is yet another great resource for the nonprofit professional.
- Multi-state Filer Project has information about Multi-state Filing for Charitable Solicitations.
- Google for Nonprofits offers nonprofit organizations free access to Google tools like Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Ad Grants, YouTube for Nonprofits and more. These tools can help you reach new donors and volunteers, work more efficiently, and tell your nonprofit’s story.
- The Google Grants Program offers FREE AdWords service to qualified nonprofit organizations.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy has an Internet resources section, along with important articles and tips on development and marketing.
- Constant Contact: Whether you’re looking to send an email newsletter, a high-impact email promotion, an email event invitation, an online survey, or build your email list, discover how Constant Contact can help you get it done.
- Mail Chimp: This is a competitor to Constant Contact. Pretty much the same service options, but they have a free “Forever Plan” for mailing lists under 500 contacts.
- Gary Bess Associates: Serving public and private health and human service agencies from grant writing to nonprofit management.
- BrandOutLoud is an organization that aids organizations in promoting themselves.
Apps and Plugins
- Google’s Calendar Manage your schedule, event and other calendars online and coordinate with members, supportes and other website visitors.
- Stan Sholik Photography is one of the finest photographers in the nation. If you have an important project or event to shoot, or require just the right image for your printed collateral or website, then Stan’s your man.