Giving Tuesday 2019
Get On Board Now for #GivingTuesday 2019
Giving Tuesday 2019 (#GivingTuesday) is on December 3, 2019. So now is the time to really give it thought… you know, before crunch time.
If your organization has participated in Giving Tuesday in the past, then you may not be overwhelmed if you get going now. But, if you haven’t participated in the past, now may be the time to chart your path and get a jump on the competition–before you get caught up in other important activities!
First Step: Join
The good people at Giving Tuesday have made it easy for organizations to get registered and started. Simply go to https://www.givingtuesday.org/organizations and sign-up via their online form. (Note: you must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization to qualify for the Giving Tuesday program.)
Second Step: Set Goals and Timeline
- How much do you hope to raise?
- How will those funds be used?
- What might be the giver-experience? (E.g.: “You’ll feel proud to have helped dozen’s of hungry people have groceries in winter.”)
- The Giving Tuesday Tool Kit provides a handy timeline for you to adapt for your needs.
Third Step: Begin your Outreach
Just download GivingTuesday’s Tool Kit for ideas, messaging and media tips. Suggestions include:
- Setting creative call-to-actions for your supporters and community.
- That you promote early so that everyone who wishes to participate has adequate time to do so: on your website, your social network channels, place of worship, and even flyers for local business to pin up.
- Collaborate/network with other groups in your community.
- Send out press releases (a sample is provided).
- Email blast your supporters (a sample email is provided).
- Request a “Mayoral Proclamation” for GT.
Giving Tuesday 2019 also offers the following resources:
- How to Donate Unused Rewards Miles, Points
- 50 Day Campaign Timeline
- Social Media Kit
- Planned Giving Toolkit
- Press Release Kit
- Mayoral Proclamation Toolkit
About Giving Tuesday
Giving Tuesday is celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving Day (which is a U.S. holiday) as a sort of balance (or, perhaps, balm) to the manic (if not materialistic) “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday” which precedes Giving Tuesday.
Right after Thanksgiving, and well before Christmas, is considered the best time of year for fundraising. It’s a small window actually, but with the power of Giving Tuesday, your donation opportunity will certainly rise. It’s just a great way of celebrating the true spirit of the Holidays: philanthropy through community.
2018 Numbers to Note:
- More than 3,600,000 online gifts
- 150+ countries
- More than $380 million raised online (in the USA)
- $105 mean online gift
Want more information about Giving Tuesday?
Is your website mobile-device friendly? Is the UX where you want it to be?