Free Website Apps and Tools for your Nonprofit Organization
I’m one who is pretty skeptical about “free” stuff, be it free tools or free puppies. I think it is less about being cynical about the quality of the product, but that consumers are inundated with free offers that often times are just a waste of time. Or, the freebie is only free for a limited time. But sometimes the free things offered are really helpful, good enough for the task at hand, and — and, sometimes the item is free on-going. (That is, of course, unless you opt in for the premium version.)
Listed below is a collection of free website programs and applications that I often use, or have recently come across, to enhance my nonprofit websites. I believe these are darn good alternative to its paid (fee based) more known variations. But are they free only to nonprofit organizations? With the exception of a couple, they are available to all.
Anyway, let’s take a look at them, shall we.
Free Stock Images
Here are a few great sites to grab stock images that are free to use without restriction:
- UnSplash: High resolution, beautiful and soulful images. A real alternative to Getty Images when you are seeking something more unique and less stockish.
- StockSnap: This service offers a vast selection of stock images (ones that have that stock image appeal). They do, however, offer up paid images as well (usually the first level selection).
- Dreamstime Free: Very generic, but often times useful images.
- Pexels: This site offers hundreds of thousands of images that go from stocky looking to that of armature to professional photographer.
- Life of Pix: Similar to the style UnSplash offers, these are stunning, hi-res images that make you want to spend half a day going through.